1) The Vestal Virgins are 6 special women chosen from the goddess of the hearth to keep a fire burning in the 7th centry B.C. If the fire went out the fall of Rome would come. Each of the women had to work for 30 years and lived in the Forum.
2) Gladiators were fighters in ancient Rome around 80 B.C. for entertainment. Most were slaves owned by the senetors. They don’t fight against lions but they fight against other gladiators in the Colosseo.
3) The colesseum was commissionod by emperor Vespasian in 72 A.D, and was completed in 80 A.D. 15,000 Jewish slaves built the colesseum and it could house more the 70,000 people. They some times filled the colosseum with water for the show.
4) 700 B.C is when Romulus and Remus found Rome. The twins built a wall around their territory and made a demanding rule that if someone jumped the wall “OFF WITH THERE HEAD!”. Remus jumped the wall and his brother said “OFF WITH HIS HEAD!”and so Romulus was the first king of Rome.
5) 1348 was when a large earthquake struck Rome and destroyed 1/3 of the colesseum and the ancient forum. One thing that is surpising is that another 1/3 was taken away from the colesseum by Popes.
some other favourite stops